- Went skiing
- Hung out with sweet friends
- Celebrated Matt's grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary
- Had a weeknight sleepover with friends from Colorado
- Made confessions about my Type-A personality
- Celebrated Papa's birthday, mom's birthday, Jackson's 1st, Muggies's 80th, Evie's 1st, and Finn's arrival
- Celebrated holidays: Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Took trips to San Francisco, The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Dahlonega, Charlotte, and NYC
- Cheered on Noah and Maddox at their baseball games
- Had a sleepover with our newphew Jackson
- Spent Memorial Day in Orlando
- Spent a week at the beach
- Visited my favorite 2 year in Charleston
- Added a sweet puppy to our family
- Went Camping
- Went to the Atlanta Zoo
- Documented #Summerdays2013, Recipe Week, and started a new blog series: Ten on the 10th
- Spent the last weekend of summer visiting with Matt's grandparents from Orlando
- Spent a girls' weekend in Charleston
- Had a family get-together in Monroe
- Spent Labor Day in the mountains with friends
- Wrote about turning 29 and the birthday celebration
- Renovated the outside of our house
- Spent a reunion weekend in Clemson
- Created a front yard makeover and shared a part 1 and part 2 post
- Went to a Great Gatsby Party
- Confessed that we are THOSE people and we're really not that cool
- Celebrated 6 years of marriage and one sweet hubby
2013 has been a great year! There were lots of ups and some downs too, but overall, I can look back and say that I'm thankful for a sweet year and look forward to what 2014 will bring.
In 2014, I'll be taking one picture per day to document our daily memories- the fun, the exciting, and the oh-so-normal. I did this last summer with my #summerdays2013 posts and found that even when there were days that were less than sweet, finding one positive thing to focus on and capture made me thankful for the blessings I could count in my life.
Do I think our life is so interesting that it should be displayed on a daily basis for other people to see? Nope. Not for a second. Taking daily pics is for us, just like this blog is for us- to document our lives and keep track of the memories we make along the way- and anyone who wants to peek along is more than welcome. :)
So a new series- #nelsendays2014 - will be heading this way starting January 1st! You can keep up with us on instagram or see the weekly pics here each Friday. And thanks to Shay for the idea to do it for a whole year!
Also starting January 1st, I will be participating in a HUGE cash giveaway! I mean HUGE! How huge? SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS huge. $600! What would you do with $600?! Swing by January 1st to enter the giveaway for your chance to win!