Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hair post


A sweet reader commented on our Easter post and asked if I could share a post about my hair, including my favorite products. So today's post is all about that.

And let me start by saying thanks to that reader for making this mama feel like I was looking halfway decent that day (even if when I actually read the comment my hair was in a wet ponytail on top of my head). 

Hair Color:


I don't color my hair, but I do like to use this Aveda shampoo/conditioner that has a natural colorant in it. It's plant based and makes my hair feel great. They make several different color options (shown above and here). When I was younger, I used the Clove color, but since my hair has gotten so dark as I've gotten older, I now use the Black Malva shade.

Shampoo/Conditioner:


When I'm not using the Aveda products, I like to use the Herbal Essense Naked line. I love the smell, the natural ingredients, and the way it makes my hair feel. Oh, and the price. ;)

Favorite Products:


My three favorite hair products are all made by RUSK.

Thick Body & Texture Amplifier
Wired Cream
 Hair Spray

The Thick spray is like a leave-in conditioner that I spray all over my hair when it's wet.

After the spray, I use the tiniest bit of the Wired cream on the top of my hair at the root. This stuff is amazing. It's super cheap and gives the top of your hair that extra lift without making it look or feel greasy. The 2oz. bottle I have has lasted me a long time, and right now the 6oz. bottle is only $7.48 (65% off) on Amazon with free shipping. You can check it out here.

Then the hairspray is just the best one I've tried. It's light weight but gets the job done. 

I bought the hair spray and leave-in spray at TJ Maxx, but you can find the RUSK products just about anywhere. If you like to shop online and be done (typically me unless I'm out and I see something I need), you can get the hairspray here and the leave-in spray here.
I have also used the RUSK W8less hairspray and love that one too. You can check that out here.

One other product that's worth mentioning is Morrocanoil Treatment. I use a little bit of this after my hair is dry for added shine. If I'm using the straightener that day, I'll put it on before I straighten for added protection from the heat. And it smells great!

So what are YOUR favorite hair products?!

If you missed Monday's post, I reviewed Sean Lowe's book For the Right Reasons and am giving away a copy to one of you! You can check that out here.

Have a great day!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment