Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April's Mid-Month Confessions


It's time for another round of Mid-Month Confessions!


E is taking a break from the confessions link-up this month and getting in all the sweet snuggles she can with her new little love. Those early days with your new born at home are meant for just that! 

For those of you who have your own blog, I encourage you to keep a running list of your own confessions on your phone for the next month and join us for May's link-up. The more people who join us, the more opportunity we'll have to feel better about our own less-than-stellar moments. ;) Plus they're just fun posts to read!

1. Boxed brownies are my nemesis. 
You know, the kind that tell you exactly what to include, what size pan to use, and exactly how long to cook them? Yeah, those kind. For whatever reason, I just can't ever get them to turn out the way I want them to (slightly undercooked, not too gooey, and not too crispy... (just realized maybe that's why- do I need to lower my expectations?!). I can cook you up a meal from scratch without a recipe to follow or a single precise measurement, but give me a box of brownies to bake and I get a little nervous about how they'll turn out. I made two batches just yesterday for two friends who just had babies and the middle of both of them did that puffy raised-up thing and then cracked when they cooled and I could tell the outsides were crispier than I wanted them to be. Wah wah. Those darn things just have my number.

2. 
Last week, Ryan was happily playing with a spatula and some tupperware at my feet while I cooked dinner... until he wasn't. I looked down to see him on his belly, licking his spit up off of the kitchen floor. #momfail.

3. The Spray Tan
You know that Friends episode where Ross gets all turned around in the spray tan booth and ends up looking ridiculous when he comes out? Well that was me two weeks ago. This new nail place up the street from our house was offering free spray tans with any service, so I thought, "Sure! Why not?!" Except I wasn't really listening when the lady was explaining to me how to stand because the first thing she said was that the machine would tell me everything I needed to doExcept the machine definitely didn't tell me what to do, and then it kept restarting a new session after one finished. So I eventually just got out mid-spray after deciding that potentially no color from a free spray tan would be better than five times too much color from a machine that kept restarting. I can't even tell you the last time I got a spray tan, but leaving that place I felt very 30.

4. The bar and the pet store
The Friday before Easter, Matt spotted Josh Murray (the winner from Andi's season of the Bachelorette) hanging out with some other trendy-looking people on the patio at a bar near our house. He spotted him as the two of us were walking to the pet store with Ryan and Tally to work on some of the items for Tal's therapy dog test in May and to let Ryan look at the pets in the store. I was literally reading off what Tally would need to do from the list we were given when we stopped to take a look at those super cool looking people who were right around our age, and Matt and I couldn't help but crack up at how different our lives looked from those of the people casually hanging out at the bar on a Friday evening. As we said, "Hello, reality check!" But aside from missing the frequency of our date nights, I wouldn't have it any other way.


Link up your own confession posts below! And if you wouldn't mind putting the button below somewhere in your post, that will allow people to link back to all of the previous confession posts. Just copy and paste the HTML into your post. Thanks friends!


MID MONTH CONFESSION



facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

5 comments:

  1. The box brownies can be a pain but you have to add chocolate (or butterscotch) chips and some chocolate syrup and cook them for like 37 minutes!
    Too funny about Ryan licking his spit up off the floor...lol
    And the spray tan thing was funny...I've gotten a few that were done by hand, I'm afraid of the booths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mid month confessions - I started reading over at sam and scout and decided to link up this month: http://bellcountymama.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-mid-month-confessions.html - mine are mostly food and pregnancy related but I will try to keep a better running list next month. :) Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate those boxed brownies too! I always, always burn them! Ugh. If it weren't for your recipes that you share, I'm sure I would starve haha. Ryan is too funny and is clearly a fast little mover lol. I think y'all are way cooler than Josh and his homies could ever dream to be :) Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun series! I walked in the baking aisle the other day and I had to talk myself out of buying ready made boxes of cakes, cupcakes and brownies. It was tough! Haha I'm such a sucker for sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel better, I totally messed up making Kraft mac and cheese a few weeks ago. It was more cheesy macaroni soup. And I saw a probably 4 year old licking the conveyor belt at Target last week. Ryan's not alone.

    ReplyDelete