Sunday, August 28, 2011

Faith


This is a music video of Chris Tomlin singing I Lift My Hands. My friend Stephanie posted it on her blog a few weeks ago. The little boy in the music video is actually a patient at the hospital where she works. It is a perfect reminder of who God is. It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and forget to stop and praise the One who made us and has given us everything we have. No matter what trials we are go through in life, God is faithful forever. Hopefully this 4-minute video will give you an opportunity to pause today and give thanks to a God who loves us more than we will ever know.

And if you're someone who's not really sure what you believe or have been searching for something that you haven't quite found yet, keep seeking and questioning and searching. God's word says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jer 29:13). God wants us to search, and keep searching, even after we've found the love He has to offer. It's hard to explain the feeling you have once you've trusted Christ. Faith to me is simply being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I cannot see. It is freeing, supportive, encouraging, sheltering, comforting, and invigorating. So keep searching and don't let your past or people keep you from finding what you're looking for.

8 comments:

  1. New follower...can't wait to read more of your blog!

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic song and video. I love Chris Tomlin, Here I am to Worship is my fav song!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an inspirational post! The song is also great. I have been through a very difficult time in my life as I lost my identical twin sister in 2008. My Christian faith has certainly helped me on this journey. I am glad I came across your Blog on Meet Me Monday Blog Hop. I am now a Follower. Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just realized since I updated the blog and changed our address, you'll need to update your link to opreafamily.blogspot.com on the right hand side. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such an uplifting post. I needed to see something like this today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming by from The Totally Tuesday Blog Hop to become your newest follower. Thanks for letting me "in" your beautiful home. The work y'all did was absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from Tuesday blog hop (came from Evergreen's site). I lived in Atlanta right after college and as a small town girl I didn't believe the city could get bigger...it did! I married, moved back to KY had 5 children, raised them and now I am a nana and starting on the next generation. I love your blog and love seeing people share their faith. Visit me at www.nanahood.com sometime to read about the second half of the motherhood journey! Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I am a new follower from the Thursday hop (congrats on being in the star spot!), and I have just spent quiet a while poking around on your site... he he... love your blog... it's sort of addicting!

    I was really excited to see your "Good Reads" section and see that you are also a fan of The Other Boleyn Girl and the Boleyn Inheritance. I pretty much devour ANYTHING by Philippa Gregory... I just love her writing... it transports me to a completely different time and place. She's amazing!

    Have you seen the website Goodreads.com? It's an AWESOME place where you can rate the books you've read, write reviews of them, place them on shelves like "Books to Read," "Favorites," etc, and then share your reviews with others! I am totally addicted. AND... they have a great widget that you can put right in your blog so it automatically shows your reviews from your Goodreads profile! It's fantastic!

    Anyway, I hope you can get a chance to pop over to my blog: Misadventures in Motherhood. It's a humor blog and usually good for some laughs, but if you look in the left sidebar you'll see a link under pages called "What am I Reading?" Click on that and you'll be able to see the Goodreads widget integrated into my blog. It's awesome!

    If you decide to sign up for it, look for me on there and friend me! (My website will take you to my profile I believe... if you click on one of the books you'll be able to see my full review and my full profile). I'd love to see what else you're reading!

    Anyway, tomorrow's Friday (YAY!!) Enjoy your weekend, and it was great to meet you! Happy new follower!

    Smiles, Jenn
    www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete