Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Cookies for Santa- Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe


This recipe has been in our family for years. 
These are the best little cookies you will ever eat! And SO easy to make. 

Growing up, we made these for Santa every Christmas Eve. We knew they were his favorite because he always ate more than one and sometimes left a half-eaten one behind. ;)

So this is what we'll be making in our house on Christmas Eve this year, and just in case you need a new and delicious recipe for your family to make for Santa this year, I thought I would share.

I blogged this recipe years ago- and I've learned a thing or too about photographing recipes since then, so bear with me on the photos- they should still help give a good visual even if they aren't pretty. :)


Ingredients:
1/2 stick of butter- softened (not melted)
1- 8oz. package of cream cheese- softened
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 box yellow cake mix



Directions:
Using an electric beater or mixer, mix butter and cream cheese together. Add egg yolk and vanilla.
Add cake mix (1/3 of box at a time). Blend. You may need to mix last 1/3 by hand.

Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Shape into balls that are about the size of a quarter

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.


If you don't have an egg separator, crack the egg in half and toss back and forth until only the yolk remains.








And if you're looking for a Christmas meal to make for your family this year, give one of these recipes a try:
This is what I'll be serving this year! Recipe here.

My friend, Andrea, told me she's making this one. Recipe here.

recipe here

recipe here

recipe here


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love a new cookie recipe! I just made frosted Cranberry sugar shortbread cookies oh my they were amazing! I made that pork in the summer. It was so good!!

    ReplyDelete