Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dogwood Festival @ Piedmont Park

We have a group that we do "family dinner" with once every 4-6 weeks. I lived with two of the girls at Clemson, and one went to high school with Matt and me. And since we've all been friends for a while, our husbands have become great friends too, which is a necessary bonus. :)

If you live in Atlanta, you know Piedmont Park makes for great people watching whether there is an event going on or not. So this past weekend, instead of heading to someone's house, we decided to hit up the Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park. Afterwards, we went to Taqueria del Sol for tacos and Yoforia for dessert. YUM!












And then there's this picture. . . a little sketchy looking? nah. haha, in fact, the green herbs in the bags are parsley from our massive plant in the backyard. But it wasn't until I "bagged" them and stuck them in my purse to give to each each of the girls to take home that I realized how questionable they looked! haha- oh well! At least I didn't get searched at the park and have to explain that one. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice way of getting together with friends! I'd like to make the effort to make this happen more often with my friends.

    Not going to lie...I totally thought the parsley was something else at first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos and memories as always, heather!! your photos are so crisp and pretty.
    we have a dogwood festival but it is hilarious...kinda like a kiddie carnival and very tacky (but i love it) lol it's in a few weeks.

    i was cracking up when i saw the last photo. before i read your words, i was like, what IS THAT???! lol
    love it. you're so funny!!

    i hope the week has been treating you and matt well. happy thursday<3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day!

    That is so funny with the baggies, I had some similar jokes when I made some bath salts for friends and they were powdery and white...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a great time..and how nice that you all get together like that :) Hahaha...I love the last picture! So funny :) Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete