Monday, June 3, 2013

Fish Tacos

My friend, Andrea, made these for me one day, and now they are a regular in our house! I add sour cream to mine because the Rotel is a little too spicy for me. But let's be honest, I'd probably add sour cream anyway. ;)

Ingredients:
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1/2 orange pepper, sliced (or the equivalent of multiple colored peppers)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Trader Joe's Panko breaded Tilapia Fillets
1 can Lime and Cilantro Rotel, drained (if you like spicy food, do not drain*)

Optional:
Shredded cheese, 4-cheese Mexican blend
Sour cream

Directions:
Heat pan with EVOO. Slice onion and peppers and add to pan. Add minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes until onions begin to look clear. While peppers and onions are sauteeing, in a separate pan, cook 2 filets according to package. Add Rotel to the pepper and onion mixture. (*simmer onions, peppers, and garlic in juice until reduced) Slice cooked fish into strips. Layer fish and pepper mixture onto tortillas (I like to stick the tortillas in the oven on broil for a couple minutes while the fish is cooking). Optional: add sour cream and cheese on top. Enjoy!












4 comments:

  1. It's official, I need to go to Trader Joe's!! These fish taco's look amazing and I love the fact that they're breaded!

    Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so easy and delish!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! We have all of these ingredients in the kitchen so I think I might make this tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for sharing this one!

    Julie
    http://truelifetwenties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! I want them now!! :) thanks for sharing the recipe!! they look and sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete