Monday, March 2, 2015

March Goals



I feel the need to start by saying that in my February Goals post, I talked about how the weather in Atlanta gets nicer in February and how I was really looking forward to that. WHAT was I thinking?! I must have forgotten that February is almost always when our snow days off from school would fall and when winter makes its final push before spring. So I'm going to try this again this month and say that MARCH is when the weather starts to get nicer, and please oh please let it be true because I am so over winter!

Here's how my February Goals turned out:

1.
Cook fish once/week and introduce new veggies
So I did cook fish 4 times. I just didn't vary how I cooked it. We ate this salmon recipe three times and this fish taco one once. It's a start though! And we've definitely been good about making different veggies outside of broccoli. We've eaten butternut squash, zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, green beans, and even brussel sprouts. :)


2.


I have to be honest, I didn't love this book. I don't feel like it added much from the one written for adults. I guess I felt like knowing the basic gist of the adult book would allow to figure out my kids love languages without reading specifics of what to do or say to "reach" my child on his love language. The scenarios seemed hokey and unrealistic even though they were supposedly quoting actual kids/teenagers responses to how they knew their parents loved them. Maybe I was in a cynical mood every time I read it, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Sorry Gary Chapman.

3. 
Keep up with my simple workout routine
I'm loving this simple routine for now and plan to keep it going. I've varied the workouts just a bit in the past two months and will change them up again this month, but keep the shortness of each of them in tact. ;) So Jillian Micheals will move to level 3 and Nicole Stewart will add in an abs workout, but the rest will stay the same. Short, simple, but consistent is what I'm going for right now.

4.
Do a daily devotional
And again, that daily part is so much trickier than it should be. Wah wah. I think I just need to go back to my Jesus Calling and keep it by my bed so I can read it first thing when I wake up or right before I go to bed.

5.
Learn how to use my PMD
Done! I've used it twice so far and am really liking it! More to come on this this month.

6. 
Find a picture table for our living room

I found the perfect table for our little entryway space from World Market. It's called the Chloe Foyer Table. I found it in the store and for some reason I was able to get it $40 cheaper online, plus got an extra 10% off and then picked it up at the same store. Weird. But worked for me!


7.
Plan a trip

We are so excited about our first family vacation! More to come on this but we'll be flying out of the country for our first family beach trip in less than two months and we can't wait!!



And now for my:
1.
I've heard great things about this book and feel like reading a good fiction book this month.

2.
Find frames and print pictures for the new table
This is the whole purpose for buying the table, so I don't want to put off actually printing pictures of family and friends and getting them framed!

3.
File taxes
If don't like waiting until April so I really want to get our taxes done before the end of this month.

4.
Transfer info from my old hard drive onto my new laptop and sell the old laptop
I feel like if I don't write this one down as a goal for this month, it's just not gonna get done. Here's to hoping I can get something for my old mac!

5.
Set up appointments for front door and shower door installation
We're hopefully checking two things off of our to-do list this month! We think we've picked out what we want, we just need to finalize the decisions and set the appointments for installation. 


That's it for this month! 
Hope you guys are staying warm and looking forward to SPRING!


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. An OUT OF THE COUNTRY beach trip? Go big or go home girl! So fun!! Good job on your goals in February, and I love the March ones! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete