Monday, March 16, 2015

March's Mid-Month Confessions


Well somehow we've made it to the middle of March already?! But thank the Lord for that because we are finally seeing some warmer weather and loving every minute of being outside and enjoying longer days. Even Ryan has shifted his schedule a little bit and has been waking up at his normal 7 o'clock time, but because it's still so dark outside, he's been going back to bed for 1-2 hours after he eats and waking up anywhere between 8:15-9:00 to start his day. Works for me!

Elizabeth and I are looking forward to sharing our confessions today and reading yours either in the comments of our posts or through the link-up below!

Confessions Banner

My first confession this month is that I've been in a bit of a blogging funk. I don't know exactly why other than I've had a harder time waking up and getting going in the mornings and that's usually when I do all of my blogging. I love those early morning hours when the house is still and quiet, but lately, I've been milking every ounce of sleep I can get. So blogging has been pushed to the back burner somewhat. And it's moments like these that I'm thankful I don't have a massive following of readers counting on my daily posts to read along with their morning cup of coffee. I always want what I write on here to come from a place of enjoyment, not obligation... so hopefully I'll get back in my normal routine of waking up early and feeling motivated to write again soon- because I do love interacting with you people when I have something worth saying!

Confession #2- Oddly juxtaposed with confession #1, I would love to have one of those said big-time blogs with a massive following of readers. There's something cool about publishing words that other people care about reading and connecting with people all over the world whom would otherwise never cross your path.

Confession #3- I eat a coffee mug full (and I do mean FULL) of ice-cream every night. Right now it's Mayfield Moose Tracks. I sometimes waver to Publix Brownie Moose Tracks or Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough when it's on sale (how are they able to charge $8 for a 1/2 gallon of ice-cream?!), or, occasionally Mayfield Classic Chocolate Marshmallow. But a coffee mug full of ice cream every night is my jam.

Confession #4- Last month, Dani shared about her awkward date night dinner in her confessions post (which you definitely need to read if you missed it because it was awkward and hilarious and perfect Mid-Month Confessions material), and it reminded me of the fancy dinner that Matt and I had on the night we got engaged. We were 21 and had no real experience eating at a nice restaurant, so when our waiter asked me, "At what temperature would you like for your meat to be prepared?" I literally thought he was asking what heat I wanted the grill to be set at. And because I thought that was really odd and didn't know what kind of grill they were working with at this fancy place, I decided to say in my best I-eat-at-fancy-restaurants-all-the-time voice, "Whatever temperature comes out medium." I later learned that "medium" would have sufficed.
The day we got engaged- we were babies! And how bout that fleece, scarf, and pony tail? whoa.

Confession #5- A couple of weeks ago, a group of us got together at my friend Andrea's house for breakfast. I was in charge of making the waffles and completely left out the flour before handing the batter over to Andrea to pour onto the waffle iron. And side note, batter without flour stays liquid-y in a waffle iron. So while we were trying to clean out the waffle iron of the goopy, runny batter, the bacon in the oven started burning and set off the fire alarm in the house that also set off the outside alarm that I guess warned the rest of the neighborhood?! It was a hot mess that made us realize a simple breakfast casserole will be a safer bet for our next breakfast. But for someone who loves to cook, I totally failed that morning.
A picture from later that morning that shows we survived. ;)

Confession #6- Earlier this month, I somehow managed to lock me, Ryan, and Tally out of the house. It was cold and rainy outside, so I was extra thankful when I was able to get a hold of Matt's mom who drove to our house with a spare key.
Here were are waiting in my car for Matt's mom to save the day. Thankfully Ryan slept through the whole thing while Tally wavered somewhere between comfort and annoyance. His face in this picture cracks me up.

Don't forget to check out Elizabeth's confessions here and add your own confessions either in the comments section below or by linking up your own blog posts in the link-up below (remember, one entry will automatically show up on both of our blogs). 

We'd also love for you to link back here by using the button below somewhere in your post. Just copy the code underneath the image and paste it in the HTML of your blog post.

MID MONTH CONFESSION


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

4 comments:

  1. These are fun!! I love that you eat icecream every night, and you've inspired me to begin the same daily habit now. ;) Also, so cute about the "medium" steak. You guys are adorable in that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cracking up at Tally's expression of y'all being locked out of the house! I can only imagine what he was thinking. And I love it that you eat ice cream out of a coffee mug every night. Yum! You can never go wrong with Moose Tracks.Thank you for linking back to me sweet friend! I literally laughed out loud when I read the response you gave to the waiter ha! You and Matt look so sweet on the day y'all got engaged :) Thanks for sharing
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo with you on the mug of ice cream but I try to do that every other night! Haha.
    And totally feel the same about the big blog that people read daily... How fun would that be! I love yours though and have read it for a while now :-)

    ReplyDelete