Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Brussel Sprouts with a Parmesan Cream Sauce


I am not usually a fan of brussel sprouts, but I have made this recipe twice and LOVE it!

I originally found it in my Southern Living magazine and only made a few changes to it- the biggest being adding balsamic vinegar to the pre-roasting mixture. 

I made a larger quantity for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so this recipe could easily be halved for a side for dinner. And it reheats well too!

(Original recipe here)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts
2T olive oil
4T balsamic vinegar
2tsp kosher salt
1/4tsp pepper
2 cups heavy cream
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan plus extra for garnish

Directions:
Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake on 425 for 25 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring halfway through.

While Brussel sprouts are roasting, stir together cream, rosemary sprigs, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to about 1 cup. Discard rosemary and garlic. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over Brussels sprouts mixture. 

Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.


For other vegetable ideas, check out my post with 10 easy recipes here:

And if vegetables just aren't your thing, check out the super simple peppermint brownie recipe I shared earlier this week:

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

3 comments:

  1. I want to like brussel sprouts SO BADLY, but have never tried the right recipe. Definitely going to add this to the meal plan! Also, the quick version of the lasagna you posted a few weeks ago was TO DIE FOR. I don't think we will ever make the slow version, this wowed us. Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad you loved the lasagna recipe! I don't think I'll ever make it the "hard" way again either! You'll have to let me know if you get a chance to try these Brussel sprouts and if they made you a fan or not. I'll be honest, Matt's still not a huge fan, so some people just can't be swayed. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the awesome veggie recipes! Maybe Declan will like one of these. He has seemed to be more interested in veggies since John and I have started Trim Healthy Mama (Daddy!) ;)

    ReplyDelete