Thursday, March 17, 2016

What's in Ryan's & Natalie's Easter Baskets


I feel like Christmas just passed, but somehow Easter is only a week and a half away!

Last week, Elizabeth shared an awesome list of 45 non-food items for your child's Easter baskets. And since Ryan hasn't really had any candy yet, I decided to take a few ideas from her list and found a few other items that he either needs or would enjoy to add to his basket.

And then for Natalie, I took the opportunity to spend a Target gift card that was given to her and got her two more cute outfits. A 4 week old can never have too many cute outfits, right?! Kidding. Sort of. But it's just too tempting to not buy her clothes- especially when Target is BOGO 50% off and you have a gift card to spend. ;)

So here's what our kiddos will be receiving next Sunday!

Ryan's Basket:
found here
I really wanted to find a couple of good books that would help us explain the reason why we celebrate Easter in simple terms that a 19 month month old could semi-understand. After reading reviews on Amazon, I found that this book and the one below looked like the best fit for our little guy. It makes me tear up to think about him one day having a real understanding of what Easter means, but for now, I'd love for him to know that the day is about what "Jeezi" did for us on the cross. (Yes, he pronounces Jesus' name like he's a rapper.) 

found here

found here
Ryan loves Bubble Guppies and has just gotten into coloring, so I thought this option sounding appealing so that he could color all over the place and not worry about making a mess on the couch or tables. We'll see how it goes!

found here


Bubble Gun
found here
He loves bubbles, and truth be told, I get tired of blowing them long before he gets tired of chasing them, so this little bubble gun looks the perfect solution!


found here
Who would have thought that white ankle socks for toddlers would be so hard to find? I finally found these on Amazon, so hopefully they'll serve the purpose for summer!


Natalie's Basket
found here

found here

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas for Ryan's basket. I'll have to keep Amazon in mind the next time I'm gift searching for my godson, he always seems to be in need of socks{I'm the totally not always fun one giving gifts of outfits & mommy(my BFF) approved birthday gifts at the party, although I do occasionally throw in something fun ;) } Not sure if you know of personalized books where they write in the recipients name(I'm sure you do)maybe Ryan would get a kick out of them at his age? I've gotten them for a few of my friends kids & they all love them. Check out iseeme.com if you're interested, they're a little pricey but good quality books!
    The 2 outfits you've got for Natalie are adorable & I'm sure she'll be precious in them and of course a girl can never have too many clothes, even at only 4 weeks. Gotta get in while the dressing is good & she can't form her own opinion or talk back yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!!! We have one of those no-mess coloring books, and Sam loves it!! :)

    ReplyDelete