Our little guy turned 15 months old yesterday!
This stage is so sweet because he's learning so much every day but still has a baby look about him.
Here are a few of our favorite moments from the past month:
- him parroting everything we say
- getting so excited to see TT and Reynolds at his Aunt Dre's house and scrunching up his shoulders and pulling his fists to his neck when he is happy to see someone
- walking EVERYWHERE!
- creating little challenges for himself like getting up single steps without using his hands, or this week, climbing up and down our little step ladder. When he finds something that looks like a challenge, he will do it over and over again until he figures it out.
- going down slides at the playground- he one his own decided to sit and turn around and slide down on his belly- definitely a safer way to do it but I never even showed him this!
- saying "Amen" after prayers
- being pushed around in his big red car (which he says like a New Yorker) and pushing it around our patio and driveway all by himself
- He loves watching Daniel Tiger and when he's ready for a little down time in the afternoon, he'll grab the remote, bring it to me, and say, "Tie Tie"
- helping me cook and stir "tir" the food- he will say, "watch" and lift up his arms for me to pick him up :)
- visiting our next door neighbor Lizzie (Yizzie)- he will request her all all hours of the day- even before the sun is out ;)
- his favorite part of building a tall tower with his blocks is dumping all of them out at the beginning
- He loves smelling flowers (no matter how far away they are) and sniffing candles. And when he helps me blow out candles or blows on his food to cool it off, he always blows through his nose. :)
- He's gotten really good at eating with a spoon in the last week. He kept requesting one during meal time so I just started letting him go for it. It wasn't the cleanest at first, but he's gotten pretty good at it since his first couple of meals!
He has developed two obsessions this month- one with spoons "poon" and one with ice. It does not matter how big or small the container is (a pretend measuring cup from his little kitchen or a big basket from his sister's nursery) he will pick it up, carry it to the fridge, hold it up and say, "ice, ice ice." He just loves playing with ice!
And spoons- he loves to sleep with a spoon and will sometimes request one for walking around the house. And at night, when I'm putting him down, he will sometimes pop his little head up while I'm singing or rocking him and say, "POON" and point to the kitchen. Little love.
This month he has also been cutting four molars and two canines and his sleep is all over the place because of it. Our mornings are starting anywhere between 4-5:30, but most are falling closer to the 4am side. Hoping for both of our sakes that these teeth come through and he can sleep comfortably again soon!
Getting ready with me :)
Loves his car from his Aunt Dre! (And getting soaking wet at the water table)
Playing with TT and Rey Rey
Cracking himself up by wearing his daddy's shoes on his hands
First trip to Ikea
Blowing bubbles (with his nose)
Smelling flowers from inside the hayride at the Pumpkin Patch
Watching "Tie Tie" with Tally
He figured out how to get in the laundry basket all by himself and was quite proud.
Clemson trip! (more pictures here)
Grocery shopping with Reynolds- he's also started requesting to wear his hat, which is kind of a big deal because he has never liked having anything on his head.
Sleeping with his spoon :)
During one pre-nap time, he dropped one spoon and was really upset about it. I decided to go back in and get it for him and all was well in his little world again :) ...but this was the look of distress on his face when I first walked in.
He has gotten so good at walking with his popper! It is one of his favorite toys right now.
Painting pumpkins with Brayden! (more pictures here)
Cheering on Daddy and Uncle Patrick at tennis
First Pumpkin Patch and first time hearing a real cow moo. :) Melt Mama's heart
These two love playing together