For the updated version of what we actually USED from these bags, click here. ;)
A few weeks ago, I asked moms on Facebook what they would recommend for our hospital stay. I was thinking people would mention one or two items that they wish they had brought or were thankful they had with them.
Boy was I wrong!
I learned that experienced mommas are passionate about sharing what did and didn't work for them... even down to packing a hospital bag!
Needless to say, between those incredibly helpful responses and various lists I've found on Pinterest, thebump.com, and through other bloggers, I feel (shall I say it?!) like we're pretty darn prepared for this adventure.
SO... here's what we're taking. It's a bit excessive, but I'd rather prepare for a long stay and hope for short one!
Carry-on suitcase with wheels:
This contains everything for me and the babe
For Me (some of these items are written on the green list for adding right before we leave):
- 3 Nursing tanks (purchased from Target)
- 1 night nursing bra that’s comfy (all nursing bras purchased from Motherhood Maternity)
- 1 regular nursing bra with shape (for visitors and going home)
- 1 sports nursing bra
- Nursing cover
- Regular sports bra to wear during delivery (I don’t see myself wearing the gown- I’m a minimalist with clothing (TMI?)... especially when I’m hot and sweaty (TTMI?)
- 5 pairs of granny panties that I don’t mind donating to the cause
- 3 pairs of socks for walking around during labor and otherwise
- Disposable slippers I took from our Babymoon resort
- 1 black sweater/cardigan wrap I can throw over a nursing tank when visitors come
- Lightweight hoodie from Target for the same purpose
- Comfy boyfriend tee from Target
- Gap maternity stretchy leggings that hit at my ankles (and won’t drag on the floor)
- Black stretchy comfy silky (can you tell I’m a texture person?!) shorts from Target that will probably get a lot more wear than the pants
- Comfy flowy spaghetti strap dress for going home or wearing when visitors come
- Black maxi skirt from Target for going home or wearing when visitors come
- Blanket to bring back to Tally with baby’s scent
- Camera and charger
- Phone chargers
- iPod and speakers
- Eyeglasses for both of us
- Hairdryer & diffuser (for quick & easy drying)
- Hair brush
- Eucalyptus Spearmint room spray
- Roll-up bag with toiletries & medicine (skincare items, toothbrush/paste, deoderant, razors, contacts supplies, extra contacts, Downy wrinkle spray (love this stuff!), prenatal vitamins, hair gel, travel bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, lotion, chapstick, Motrin, heartburn medicine)
- Extra empty bag for stocking up on hospital supplies
- Birth plan
For Baby (most of these items aren’t necessary, but I want to have them there!):
- 2 sleepers
- 3 pairs of mittens
- 3 hats
- 3 onesies (newborn and 0-3 months)
- 1 newborn shirt/bloomers outfit
- going home outfit
- Aiden & Anais receiving blanket
Snack & Miscellaneous Bag:
- Ritz crackers (mini cheese crackers and my favorite Sour Cream & Onion crackers)
- Granola Bars
- Protein Bars
- Sour Patch Kids
- Lifesaver wint-o-green mints
- Sound Machine
- Thank you notes
- Notepad and pen
- Overnight Maxi pads
- KY Jelly (for delivery)
- Disposable nursing pads
- Lanolin Cream
Cooler Bag (to pack right before we leave):
- frozen grapes
- popsicles for hospital freezer (recommended by a friend for during labor in case I want a little something other than water or gatorade- plus they're refreshing!)
- string cheese
- uncrustables PB&J sandwiches
- favorite spreadable cheese (to go with my favorite crackers) ;)
- Pillows & blankets for each of us
- Sturdy box in the car for flower arrangement
- Carseat with blanket for the ride home (Eeek!!!)
And Matt will have his own bag for his clothes, shoes, etc.
Did I miss anything?!
We are SO close! Cannot wait to meet this sweet baby!
For those who have asked, I am waiting on one last little thing for the nursery and then will post pictures of the finished room. :)
Want to win $119 worth of skincare products that I've been using throughout most of this pregnancy?! If so, you can enter here.
And if you missed yesterday's post on an experiment in what our future kids will look like (or NOT hopefully, haha), you can find it here.