Thursday, April 23, 2015

Two.


Sweet Tal turns two years old today.


In two years, we have taken more pictures of this dog that some people take of their actual children. But what can we say, he loves the camera. ;)


We joke that Tally thinks he is a person, but that's completely because we have treated him like one since we brought him home at 7 weeks old. 






We got Tally on a Saturday, and that following Monday, after lots of trying and hoping and excitement over pregnancy news, I found out I had miscarried. The Lord knew what he was doing by giving me something to come home to and take care of that day. I was so ready to be a mom and put all of my mom energy into that sweet pup.


Every morning, I would sit in our laundry room with Tally and help him get his toys out of the basket until he had played with every last one and passed out sound asleep on the floor. It took anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour for him to crash after playing, and I would just sit there and play with him until he was passed out. I didn't realize it at the time, but those days were the best medicine for me and I think explain a lot about why we're so nuts about this dog. He was our baby before a baby. 








Meeting his best friend for the first time ;)
























We are so thankful that he has been so sweet with Ryan. We know they're gonna be good buddies when Ryan gets older!

















Happy birthday, Tal!

And in case you missed it, there's a giveaway going on this week! You can check it out here.

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tally! I totally celebrate my pets birthdays too. How can you not? A little pet store in my town makes gourmet pupcakes so Jake gets one (or two) of them for his Birthday... Dogs are the best. The love that they give you is so unconditional and so sweet. I'm positive God put Tally in your path at the right time.... love the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and all the sweet pics! Side note: time to bring back the bangs?!? Loving your hair in those pics! Happy birthday Tal!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBD Tally!! Love that sweet pup! Also totally agree with Andrea's comment on the bangs- was thinking the same exact thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe Sweet! Happy Birthday Tal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, sweet Tally! If only I could get my cat to look at the camera as much as he does, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Tally!!! What sweet lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! He has grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me a little misty-eyed. I love how much a pet can do for the soul. And watching our pups with our babies has got to be the best.

    ReplyDelete