Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kitchen Creations

So as I mentioned in the last blog, one of my favorite things about summer is trying new creations in the kitchen. Here's one I tried this week:

It came out of this recipe book- LOVE! The recipes are quick and easy and use basic ingredients. Click here to check it out on Amazon.

 
Chicken Skillet Fajitas

Sautéed onions, green pepper, and garlic

The only thing I changed up in the recipe is added garlic while sautéing the green peppers and onions, and I also halved the chili powder since I don't do spicey. :)

After adding the cooked chicken and mixings from above

 
Corn on the cob as a side. Which, by the way, click here if you're curious about the different ways to cook c.o.t.c. and have it turn out tasting delicious! As you can see, I keep it simple and boil it until it's tender. Then add some butter (Smart Balance Light with Olive Oil is my fav!) and salt until it tastes like perfection!

Gordo's Cheese Dip- Friends of ours brought this over a couple weeks ago as an appetizer- BEST grocery store cheese dip- yum! ...The multigrain chips make you feel like the eating the cheese dip is excusable. :)

Not a fajita if you don't add sour cream and cheese :)

Ta-da! The green ramekin (thank you, Mea!) gives portion control on the cheese dip (because this meal looks really healthy before the cheese-dip side, right?! haha) and adds color to the plate :) ...pretty sure you're supposed to do that with vegetables, but we'll go with it.

So again, not the healthiest meal I've ever made, but it was tasty!!  You can't be healthy all the time. ;) For the full recipe, click here. Ironically, it's under the "wellness" recipes- think they left out the sour cream, cheese, corn, and cheese dip though. ;) ENJOY! 

1 comment: