Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mexican Lasagna


My sister gets all the credit for this recipe. It is one of the many delicious recipes I have in the recipe book that she made me as a wedding gift. Yeah, she's pretty great. :)

This recipe is perfect for a crowd or for freezing leftovers for later.

And Ryan, at almost 10 months old, has eaten is twice now and loves it!


Ingredients:
1lb. ground turkey or beef
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 bag of tricolor peppers, chopped (I buy these)
olive oil
2tsp chili powder
1tsp cumin
2 cups salsa (I use Jack's from Costco)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
8- 8in whole wheat tortillas
1- 16oz container sour cream
4c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Pinch of sugar to taste

I'll be honest, I am not a chili powder or cumin fan, but I love this dish!

Directions:
Brown meat and drain. Sauté onion and pepper in olive oil. Add meat to onions and peppers. 

Stir in chili powder, cumin, salsa, beans, corn, and sugar. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes. 

Spread a layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 13x9in baking dish. Top with 2 tortillas (side by side), 1/4 of the sour cream (spread across the top), and one cup of cheese. 

Repeat steps four times, until all ingredients are used.

Cover with foil and bake on 350 for 45 minutes.

Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes to allow cheese to brown slightly. 



facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. I have a pretty similar recipe, and it is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete