Monday, May 18, 2015

Book Review: What Alice Forgot + Weekend Wrap-Up



One of my goals for May was to read What Alice Forgot.

I LOVED this book. I got so into the characters and the storyline. I even talked to Matt about the plot as if there was a chance we could experience the same circumstances. It really got me thinking!

The basic premise is that the main character, Alice, has an accident and can't remember the last ten years of her life. What she realizes though is that she is apparently a completely different person than she was ten years ago based on how everyone responds to her and acts around her. 

During the book she has to put the pieces of her life back together and figure out who she wants to be going forward.

I was wishing there was a sequel when I finished it. But I did start reading another one of Liane Moriarity's book The Husband's Secret and I'm loving it too!

Both books are apparently being made into movies, so if you like reading books and then seeing the film versions like I do, you should definitely check out both of these books!

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to read after The Husband's Secret so if you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!


In other news, this weekend, we went to visit my family in Monroe and see Matt's grandparents at their house in Social Circle one last time before they move. 

As we were getting ready to leave, I told Ryan that we were going to Nonna and Papa's house, and when Tally heard me say "Nonna" he jumped up from his bed and flew into the car. Tally is crazy about my parents and they are crazy about him, but he's not allowed inside the main part of their house (where we would be) so he wasn't going to come along with us this time. The picture on the left is Tally thinking he's home free and coming along, the picture on the right is when he sees Matt coming to get him back out. hahah- poor Tal. 

I took this picture while I was sitting in the back with Ryan and talking to Matt about how Ryan's teeth are coming in. Sweet buddy has some big, gappy chompers on the top and two tiny little chicklets on the bottom- ha! And the whole time I was talking to Matt about his teeth he was just grinning at me from ear to ear. Love this little cheeser and his toothy smile!

Ryan with almost all of his cousins! We found out that my step brother and his wife are expecting a boy in November so there will be 5 boys and 5 girls on my side of the family for Ryan to play with!

After leaving my moms, we drove out to Social Circle to see Matt's grandparents and visit their house  and farm one last time before they move. They have lived in this house and operated the blueberry farm there for over 40 years. I still remember my first visit 14 years ago when Matt and I were dating.  So many sweet memories there!




They're not moving far away so we'll have lots more memories at their new place! And the new owners are going to keep running the farm so we'll be back to pick each summer. :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

And don't forget to let me know if you have any good book recommendations! Thanks, friends!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. I just finished The Husband's Secret... LOVED it! It's my favorite book I've read all year! After I read the epilogue I think my jaw had actually dropped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked What Alice Forgot too. Lately I've been into an author named Rainbow Rowell. I read Eleanor & Park a while ago, just finished Attachments, and am now reading Landline. She's pretty good chick lit, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete