Friday, January 27, 2012

Cooking with Mom: Four Pinterest-Inspired Recipes!

This past weekend, my mom and I spent the afternoon cooking up some delicious treats! Thank you Pinterest and all you awesome bloggers out there who make me feel like I'm the one with the good ideas. ;)


Recipe modified from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Ingredients:
1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
1 jar Ragu Pizza Sauce
3+ Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
8-12 ounces mozzerella cheese (or 5 string cheese sticks if you want to be really quick)


We used the Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella string cheese.


My pretty mama- my #1 cooking inspiration!

Cut the dough into 24 squares.

Spray 24 mini-muffin cups.

Press the dough into each cup.

Layer pepperoni on top.

Slice each piece of string cheese into fifths.

Layer cheese on top of pepperoni.

Wrap the dough so that the pepperoni and cheese are completely covered.

Melt 1T butter with 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.

Spread onto dough.

Bake on 400 for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.


Serve with pizza sauce and fresh parmesan.

Enjoy!

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
Recipe modified from Baked Perfection

Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter




Make brownies according to package.

(add this step to the box directions if you like)

Fill mini brownie cups 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes.

Measure out 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and white chocolate chips each, and 3/4 cup of peanut butter.

Press the brownie bites in with a 1/2 tsp.

Heat peanut butter for 45 seconds.

Pour warmed peanut butter over the brownies.

Cover with chips.

Stick in the oven (I already turned it off) for 30 seconds or so to soften the chips just a little.

Test out on the kids. :)

Sweet Noah with the BB Gun goggles on :)

Maddox!

Serve and enjoy!

Breakfast Casserole
Recipe modified from A Latte with Ott, A

Next time, I think I'll use maple sausage instead of bacon, but I'll definitely make it again! I also left out the dill because I don't like it.


Dice one red pepper.

Dice one sweet onion and one clove of garlic.

Sauté the red pepper, onion, and garlic.

Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.

Layer hash browns and bacon. . .

. . . then layer cheese and pepper/onion/garlic blend.

Repeat three times.

Pour eggs and milk on top.

Bake overnight on low.

The cheese was a little browner in places than I would have liked :/ . . .but still good!

Serve the next morning!

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Recipe modified from Six Sisters' Stuff


Ingredients:
8 Boneless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, frozen
1 Bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained
1 large sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of your favorite shredded cheese


Sauté onions and garlic.

Lay frozen chicken on the bottom and canned pineapple (drained) on top.

Pour Hawaiian BBQ sauce, onions, and cheese on top. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

(Sorry, I forgot my final picture! I served it over rice with green beans and corn.)

21 comments:

  1. Those all look delicious! Don't you just love Pinterest? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a Latte' for giving my recipe a shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so- after seeing andrea's blog post, i just realized you already did an "11 random things" post before i tagged you! sorry about that!

    btw- it looks like you and your mom had so much fun on your cooking day! i'm definitely putting some of these recipes on my to-make list :)

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK now I am hungry!!! These all look great! I may try the pizza rolls with homemade pizza dough. And the breakfast crockpot dish I will have to make.
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geeeeezzz...thanks for telling me look at these recipes...now I'm HUNGRY! LOL. They ALL look awesome! I would have to substitute the peanut butter in the brownies (daughter has severe peanut allergy)...but maybe PeaButter would work instead?? I want to try the breakfast casserole...I've been looking for crockpot ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks amazing!! Somehow I'm suddenly hungry after just chowin' down a bit ago!
    You and your mom are so pretty and look so much alike!
    Looks like fun times! :)
    Have a sweet weekend!
    Xoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this all looks so good!!! I absolutely love your blog! So many great recipes to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you guys have been very busy! Every single one of those look like they would be a hit at my house. You should add your Pinterest link to your blog so we can follow your boards. Visiting from the Alexa Blog hop!
    ~JamieS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say, "Wow!" I want to try the pizza bites and brownies for sure! Plus, I need more crockpot recipes. Thank you for sharing.

    I am stopping by from the Alexa hop. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm already liking this blog! I think I know what's for dinner!
    -r

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yummy heather! i want to come cook with you! Those white chocolate, peanut-butter brownies might satisfy a large group of my most recent pregnancy cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love posts like this in which each step is documented, the ingredients are thinds with which I'm familiar, and there's a high probability that my children will like them. What's awesome about this post is that you've put together multiple recipes like that!!! I can hardly wait to try each one.

    Thanks for joining Flock Together today and following Mom's Best Nest. I am now your happy follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    I'd love to have you as the Fine Feathered Friend sometime, too. Please check out my easy peasy requirement choices on how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lot of cooking. It all looks yummy. I tried the Hawaiian crock pot chicken before and wasn't a fan.

    I may have to try the brownie recipe! Looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stuffed pizza and chocolate brownie look easy enough for me to do (I don't like cooking :)) They look absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing then and I'm dropping by from the hump day blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im a new follower from the blog hop and love your sight. Shared your post on my blog. Linked it back to you as well. Hope you dont mind. Please check out my sight at http://grandmasamazingjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been a while since I visited your blog! You are still one of the cutest couples I have seen and when I first saw baby shower I thought OOOO

    great recipes!
    Hopping in to say hello from bloggity blog! http://my-bloggityblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of that looks so good, I love Pinterest too! I'll have to try those pizza rolls soon, they look so easy and so good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These recipes all look delicious! Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll be back next Saturday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Heather. You have some delicious looking recipes. I don't even know where to start. I am excited about the crockpot breakfast. My mom recently tried one but it burned on the edges. I'm not sure how the recipe got changed but I am excited to try yours!

    I may have to share a few! : ) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heather, thanks for joining the breakfast fun over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete