A few days ago, we noticed that the tubs and showers were backing up when I ran a load of wash. We called a plumber to come check things out, and this is what he found:
In case you are unfamiliar with how the plumbing in a house works, there is not supposed to be a 5 inch hole in the line. The black stringy-looking things are the roots that were not satisfied with living in just the yard alone, hence the big hole.
SO, I, in the name of choosing to be positive, am going to end with 5 things I am grateful for today:
1. I have the most wonderful husband in the world who is blessed with the gift of looking on the bright side without trying very hard to do so- he makes me laugh when I'd rather cry and is by far the best match for me :)
2. We were so fortunate to be able to buy our first house together this past Fall and even more fortunate to find a contractor who helped us make the house our home.
3. I have a job I love and that pays me for two months in the summer without me showing up for work so that I can handle unexpected issues like this without the stress of working full time.
(Yes, I am wearing a bandana and Fall sweater that lights up- gifts from my lovlies)
4. We live in America, we are healthy, we have great families and sweet friends, and my flowers and bushes are blooming (it's a catch-all... just go with it :) )
5. And lastly, straight from the Word, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ...Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. (Matthew 6:27;34) You gotta love truth- I'm grateful for THAT! :)
What are YOU grateful for today?!