Friday, September 4, 2015

Embracing this stage, a few confessions, and snapshots from our life lately



And it's a long weekend!!!

We're planning a few fun things for this weekend and are super pumped to have Matt home early today and for the whole day on Monday. Bring on the weekend!

Before I get to sharing a few confessions and some pictures from our recent adventures, I wanted to share that pretty much right after I posted Wednesday's post about Google+, I got a notification that they updated their app and now have a separate app for just pictures...
GooglePhotos
...and it is AWESOME! Now you can create albums from your phone, which you couldn't do before, and you can hold and drag your finger to select multiple pictures at once. This will let you create a quick organized album right after you take all of your pictures from a certain event so that (if you're anything like me) you won't end up forgetting to create the album and have to create a whole bunch of different albums at once later on.

So that's my random tip of the day. ;)



I'm a do-er. I love to be productive, have a clean house and lit candles, folded laundry, tasty meals ready in the evenings when Matt gets home. These are all things I love.

But lately, I've been playing catchup in all areas it seems. Even keeping up with this little space has been all out of my set routine that I had in place for a good while. 

But you know what I've realized? 
It is O.K. 

I'm in a season where naps for Ryan may or may not happen and they may or may not be long, and awake time means we're playing together outside or building blocks or making sure he doesn't climb up the oven to reach the stove (because this has happened... it was off and there were no injuries... but the boy's got skill), and waking up before him for my productive "me-time" has just been a bit of struggle!

SO, I'm embracing this stage, telling myself it's O.K. to rest and play and have messes and eat dinner later and not have my burning candles always lit in my house. 

A release of confessions is good for the soul I think.

Which reminds me- Elizabeth and I will be hosting this month's Mid-Month Confessions on Tuesday September 15th, and we would LOVE for y'all to join us!
You can check out previous confession posts here for some ideas. Just jot down some of your most honest, silly, hysterical, or random confessions over these next couple of weeks and plan to link up with us on Tuesday the 15th!


Okay (whoa long post) NOW for some snapshots from our life lately!

These two have a nightly routine of bouncing on the bed after bath time. You can see Ryan loves it. :)

Sharing breakfast with daddy before he heads off to work

Sweet boo took a tumble during our family photo shoot and ended up with bumps on his nose, lip, eye, and forehead. Poor guy. It's so tough to be one!

Our sweet contractor is going to be a little lonely at his next job I think. These two followed him around everywhere he went.

Making friends at story time!

Just playing in his toy car in the backyard... butt naked. ;)

I honestly can't remember why Ryan didn't even have a diaper on for these pictures, but I'm gonna go with it was right before bath and he just had a poopy so I figured if he tinkled while he was outside it wouldn't matter.

But really a nakey baby kind of makes these pictures, right?!

So everyday while Matt is at work, Ryan finds pictures of him and points and says, "Dada, Dada, DaDA!" over and over again. In the pic on the left, Ryan is looking up at our wedding picture repeating "Dada"

Oh Tal. He was ready for bed before the rest of us and found some darkness under our curtains. He is the quirkiest dog and makes us laugh all the time.

Packing in to go meet Dada for lunch! Tal came too. ;)


These two are the best buddies.


Daddy's home!

This little buddy loves to snuggle up with his blanky while he sleeps.

Maddox left one of his stuffed animals after our sleepover last weekend and Ryan has been loving taking care of it until we see him again. ;)

:)

Seeing this boy love books makes this teacher's heart melt.

The Eye Book is his favorite from this collection. This night I found him pointing in the book to the eye (or nose) and saying, "eye" (in a very country sounding accent by the way), and then pointing to his ear and saying, "eye." hahah, close enough buddy!


One last thing before I go, Shutterfly is having a big sale this weekend so I'm hoping to crank out two books from my goals for this month (I already finished one!) and maybe even buy a grill with the Labor Day sales?! I'm still not sure what kind of grill to get, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Have a great long weekend!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed


1 comment:

  1. all of these pictures are ADORABLE xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete